Best Home Remedies for constipation
Most of the time, constipation is caused by stress and irregular lifestyle. There are many reasons for constipation but irregular lifestyle is the prime factor. Almost 10% of the world population is suffering from constipation. People in the age group of 45 – 65 years are most vulnerable to the disease.
Best 9 effective constipation home remedies here.
Here are some home remedies to cure constipation easily. These home remedies are for a proper bowel movement. However, if the problem persists consult a doctor. Additionally, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and reducing stress will also be helpful in curing constipation.
Natural Ways to Relieve Constipation
1. Lemon plus lukewarm water – The best home remedy for clean motions is having lukewarm water in the morning as soon as you wake up. Adding lemon to it will provide you with necessary vitamin C and the stool will pass easily. It could also be taken in the night before sleeping. It is a proven formula to get rid of hard stool.
2. Lukewarm water and walking in the morning – Go for a walk right after drinking 2 glasses of warm water in the morning. This will kick start the internal muscles of the stomach and help clean your stomach naturally. Additionally, it helps in cutting on body fat.
3. Psyllium Husk or Isabgol – If you are suffering from chronic constipation then have two spoons of psyllium husk with lukewarm water in the night. It is a dietary fiber used mainly as a laxative. It absorbs water and softens the stool. Thus, helping proper bowel movement. Any type of constipation could be cured by adding Isabgol in your diet.
4. Flax Seeds – It is considered as the superfood. Flax seeds are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are said to help in proper digestion. Additionally, adding flax seeds in your diet will provide you with enough fiber which will eliminate many diseases like constipation. Crush flax seeds to make a powder of it. Soak this powder in water for 3-4 hours. Drink this water regularly for a smooth bowel movement.
5. Tomatoes – adding the juicy and tasty fruit in your menu will help to cure constipation. Tomatoes are not only tasty; they are rich in potassium, vitamin C, folate and vitamin K. The high fiber content of tomatoes regularly will keep the bowel movements healthier. Tomatoes must be consumed in a salad for better results. Other vegetables like carrots, spinach, onions, etc should also be included in your diet.
6. Triphala Powder – The Ayurvedic remedy for constipation is very effective in getting rid of constipation. The powder is made of three ingredients; Amla, Harada & Bibhitaki. All these are natural laxatives and used to relieve constipation naturally. Take two spoons of Triphala Churna just before you retire to bed in the night. Alternatively, you can soak the powder in water overnight and consume it first in the morning. It will help clean your stomach.
7. Fruits – Most fruits are full of dietary fiber which are healthier and nutritious. Having these fruits regularly will help you keep fit and also remove constipation from the root. Fruits like apples, watermelons, bananas, papaya, and guava are full of nutrition and provide us with natural fiber. Papaya and Guava could be consumed anytime in a day and eating it regularly will relieve in constipation.
8. Figs – Soak 3-4 figs in water for overnight and eat them in the morning. Consuming this regularly will help in strengthening your intestines and thus enabling bowel movement.
9. Raisins or dry grapes – Raisins are excellent natural laxatives. They are full of fiber and supports bowel movement. Soak 8-10 raisins or Kishmish in water for 3-4 hours and consume them regularly. Raisins’ properties will rejuvenate the intestines and help them work efficiently.